City and city library are loading from now until 16.10. to the Federal Festival for Art and Culture
CITY OF RICHMOND HILL
The City of Richmond Hill and Richmond Hill Public Library invite you to participate in Culture Days, a national celebration of arts and culture, through October 16th. Take part in a range of accessible events across the city Celebrate art, culture and creativity!
The three-week festival celebrates the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators and designers. Events include art exhibitions, city tours, workshops and performances that bring to life the diversity, culture and spirit of our community.
- Art Walk 2022 – September 24, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Explore the outdoor art exhibits at the Richmond Hill Center for the Performing Arts Outdoor Plaza and South Parking Lot.
- Visit a National Historic Site – September 25, 1pm-5pm
- Visit the Richmond Hill David Dunlap Observatory, the city’s own National Historic Site, for a self-guided tour of the Administration Building and Observatory Dome.
- blues night – 29 Sept, 5-8 p.m
- Hear the music of Fraser Melvin and Camilo Restrepo on the outdoor plaza at the Richmond Hill Center for the Performing Arts.
- The story of Nickis – 30 Sept, 7-9pm
- Attend a free event at the Richmond Hill Center for the Performing Arts to celebrate National Truth and Reconciliation Day. Hear how dr. Brenda Wastasecoot discusses the impact of Residential School Policy by sharing stories from a memory card of her 1960’s childhood home.
- Culture days in the library – Oct. 15, 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
- Visit the central branch of the Richmond Hill Public Library for live artist and weaver demonstrations, musical performances and a chance to try a new craft. All details can be found here.
- Explore Old Richmond Hill – Open 24 hours a day
- Take advantage of the City’s Museum of the Streets with a free self-guided tour of some of our community’s most interesting historical sites. You can choose how many stops you visit and how much time you spend at each one.
Culture is everywhere in our city and is a part of every moment of our lives! Celebrate cultural days to experience how art and culture shape our lives. Further information and the calendar of events for 2022 can be found here.