NY Cannabis Insider Live, presented by the New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, will host a half-day conference for the professional cannabis industry on Friday, September 23 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Rail Line in Syracuse. A networking and cocktail reception will follow. There is still a very limited number of tickets available for purchase.
Join cannabis business owners and other industry experts for an afternoon of actionable industry insights discussed by thought leaders. There will be ample networking time to connect with others working in the cannabis space. View the full list of panel speakers and topics here.
The schedule for the September 23 half-day event has been finalized. Participants can look forward to lively and informative discussions on the following topics:
· Must Haves: Rental, banking, insurance and security: Experts will discuss the key ingredients to planning a successful cannabis business: embracing a culture of compliance, navigating banking and insurance in an industry that doesn’t have easy access to these services, and planning for security that goes beyond cameras and alarms .
· Understanding Upstream: Growers, Processors and Labs: This session focuses on the beginning of the supply chain: how to start a grow, process or laboratory operation? What does this “upstream” landscape look like today, what are the major issues affecting these operations, and what does this hold for the future of the New York cannabis market?
· Where’s the help? Free to Inexpensive Resources for Cannabis Entrepreneurs: Starting a new business can be an expensive endeavor, but there are countless people and organizations you can turn to for free, inexpensive help – if you can only find it. Panelists will discuss these NY opportunities and offer expert advice on how to keep your start-up costs as low as possible.
NY Cannabis Insider has curated top industry experts from New York State to talk about these topics:
- Elizabeth Eli by Dutchie
- Mike Golden the higher calling
- Mack Huber by Schnabel & Skiff
- Shawn Kasner by Kaycha Labs
- Aaron Leentjes the UNIFI Gardens
- Sheril Murray Powell the JUSTÜS Foundation
- David Myers by Cannaspire
- Katie Neer from lantern
- Cecilia Walsh of the NYS Department of Labor
Seats are limited and tickets are expected to sell out soon. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets.
NY Cannabis Insider Live events are attended by industry professionals, lobbyists, and entrepreneurs looking to start their own cannabis business, as well as those from cannabis-related businesses such as legal, security, retail, banking, finance, construction, engineering, , management consulting and medical expertise.
New York Cannabis Insider Live: Event Sponsors and Vendors
Sponsors and partners for NY Cannabis Insider Live events are the companies that are shaping the industry locally and regionally. Look for them at the event for advice and help with your cannabis business.
The New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, the presenting sponsor of the meeting, is on a mission to protect and serve the patients of New York’s medical cannabis program as they work together to build a responsible, inclusive and competitive adult cannabis program.
· Cannaspire provides the products, services and advice business owners need to thrive in the cannabis industry, from application to expansion.
The Syracuse University College of Professional Studies is a global, inclusive, and forward-thinking college that provides access to a diverse student body and learner seeking a Syracuse University degree, qualification, certificate, or educational experience from anywhere in the world.
The Cannabis Workforce Initiative is a collaboration between the New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University and the Workforce Development Institute. Its mission is to promote and support social justice in the adult cannabis market by providing quality human resources development and legal education.
· LakeHouse Cannabis aims to end complicated societal stigma and make cannabis accessible by offering an upscale recreational experience as a retail adult pharmacy.
· Chimera Integrations provides scalable, future-proof security and IoT solutions tailored to the unique needs of each tier of the cannabis supply chain, from cultivation to processing to distribution and retail.
· NYSIF’s mission is to ensure the availability of worker’s injury and disability insurance for New York employers at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a solvent fund.
· LaToya Monique LLC is a NYS Licensed Cannabis Distributor, Healthcare Professional, and LifeSpan Doula.
· Married Iguana Media creates content for all your cannabis branding needs
· Cova: easy-to-use, compliant cannabis software that streamlines dispensary management.
· Dutchie: Order cannabis online from the best pharmacies in your area.
While sponsorship for this event has sold out, we are still seeking sponsors for our in-person conference on November 4th in Tarrytown. Contact Lindsay Wickham, Events Specialist for more information.
As entrepreneurs and cannabis professionals prepare to thrive in the multi-billion dollar legal cannabis industry, NY Cannabis Insider live events allow attendees to learn about regulations, make connections, create teams and foundations, and create business plans.