Homecoming week 2022
Mark your calendars for these bishop events!
The celebrating, remembering and reconnecting begins ahead of Ohio Wesleyan’s 2022 Homecoming and Family Weekend on October 7th and 8th. Mark your calendars for all these not-to-miss events.
Monday October 3rd
- i³ lectures, 12:00 p.m. – Ten student-selected professors present three-minute i³ lectures packed with ideas, insight and imagination in the Gray Chapel at University Hall. Packed lunches are available for students after the event. Meet this year’s presenters.
Tuesday October 4th
- Entrepreneurial Lecture, 7:30 p.m. – Serial entrepreneur and inventor Dawn Dickson, Founder and CEO of PopCom, discusses “Entrepreneurship: Are YOU Built to Scale?” when she presents Ohio Wesleyan’s 2022-2023 Robert L. Milligan Leaders in Business Lecture. Dickson will be speaking in the Benes Rooms at the Hamilton-Williams Campus Center.
Thursday October 6th
- OWU Liaison Conference, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – The Fall 2022 OWU Connection Conference will feature a day of student presentations and other programs highlighting Ohio Wesleyan’s signature student experience, the OWU Connection. The student presentations are connected to all four segments of the OWU Connection – Research and Independent Scholarship, Service, Career Development and Study Abroad. Held at locations across campus, this unique conference includes the annual Patricia Belt Conrades Summer Science Research Symposium, a visual arts presentation, and more. Once events are complete, they will be added to the conference website at owu.edu/ConnectionConference.
- Black Wall Street Event, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Ohio Wesleyan hosts its first Black Wall Street event in the atrium of the Hamilton-Williams Campus Center. Learn, connect and shop with local BIPOC-owned companies and BIPOC student entrepreneurs who will be promoting their companies during the Fall 2022 Connection conference. This event is held in partnership with the Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship; Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, Delaware Entrepreneurial Center at OWU; and OWU connection.
Friday October 7th
- Rededication of the Slocum hall, 4 p.m. – Historice Slocum Hall reopens after a 14-month, $11.25 million donor-funded restoration. The new home of the OWU Connection, Slocum Hall, is highlighted by a 70ft by 20ft leaded glass ceiling. Learn more about the building at owu.edu/slocumhall.
Saturday October 8th
- OWU field hockey11am – OWU vs Denison, at Selby Stadium.
- Parade of Bishops12:00 – 12:15 – Show your pride in Ohio Wesleyans and join the walking parade from JAYwalk Fountain to Selby Stadium, led by the football team, the OWU Marching Bishops and the Battling Bishop himself.
- Battle against Bishop Tailgate, 12:00-14:00 Enjoy lunch while tuning in to the OWU vs. Denison football game. Outside Selby Stadium, food trucks offer items for purchase.
- OWU football, 2pm – OWU vs Denison, at Selby Stadium. Mid-term recognition includes Hall of Fame inductees and Team of Distinction award recipients.