Posted 09/21/2022 | 3:40 p.m
The program supports and develops arts and cultural events in Hillsborough County
Emerging and well-known cultural celebrations and festivals throughout Hillsborough County are among 21 events set to receive $808,634 in the first cycle of fiscal 2023 grants to strengthen and promote the county’s cultural assets. The grants are offered by the Hillsborough County Cultural Assets Commission Special Events Partnership Grant (SEPG) program. Events supported by the awards are held in communities such as Ruskin, SouthShore, Ybor City, Uptown and Tampa.
The program allows eligible nonprofit organizations to apply for grants of up to $100,000, with a minimum of a two-to-one match, depending on the event’s overall budget. The grant program is for events that want to expand and enhance their offerings beyond their current level to significantly increase attendance, community-wide impact, and appeal. Eligible events should convey the authentic history of Hillsborough County, activate public space, enrich the lives of residents, and leverage private sector financial support. They should also align with economic development goals to drive increased patron spending and maximize attendance to Hillsborough County.
Since its inception in 2019, the SEPG program has awarded more than $3 million to more than 100 events.
Grant recipients for the first cycle in FY 2023 are:
- Ruskin Community Development Foundation, Inc. – $5,760 for the Ruskin Tomato and Heritage Festival
- Italian Club Building and Cultural Trust Fund – $7,599 for Italian Club Open House and Vendor Market
- Friends of the Riverwalk, Inc. – $13,008 for Riverwalk Trick or Treat 2022
- Ybor Merchants Association, Inc. – $12,000 for Fantasma Fest 2022
- Friends of the Riverwalk, Inc. – $15,125 for Friends of the Riverwalk Boat Parade on July 4th
- Caribbean American National Development Organization – $15,008 for CANDO 2023 Caribbean American Heritage Month
- River Tower Foundation, Inc. – $14,824 for the River Tower Festival
- Chapters Health Foundation, Inc. – $15,797 for American Veterans Traveling Tribute Wall
- Countdown Arts, Inc. – $17,428 for the 2023 Countdown Improv Festival
- SouthShore Chamber of Commerce – $18,740 for SouthShore’s BEST Fest
- Friends of the Riverwalk, Inc. – $27,505 for Riverwalk Holiday Spectacular
- Tampa Pride, Inc. – $26,239 for Pride on the River 2023
- Tampa JCCs and Federation, Inc. – $36,127 for Tampa JCCs and Federation Arts and Culture Mini-Fests 2022-3
- United Citizens Coalition DBA Tampa Taco Fest – $39,044 for the Tampa Taco Fest
- Friends of the Riverwalk, Inc. – $61,015 for the 2023 Tampa Riverfest
- Tampa Pride, Inc. – $70,202 for Tampa Pride 2023 Festival and Parade
- Gasparilla Concours d’Elegance, Inc. – $68,325 for Gasparilla Concours d’Elegance
- Tampa Film Institute, Inc. – $94,680 for the Gasparilla International Film Festival
- OnBikes, Inc. – $61,320 for OnBikes Winter Wonder Ride and Concert
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, Inc. – $88,880 for the 2023 Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
- Gasparilla Music Foundation, Inc. – $100,000 for the 2023 Gasparilla Music Festival
The grant application cycle will reopen for the second half of FY23, April through September, in January 2023. Potential applicants can do this Contact business development to request email announcements for future grant cycle openings.