The Genesis Group has announced several upcoming programs and events with the goal of “continuing to bring together individuals and organizations dedicated to creating positive change and helping provide a way forward,” according to Raymond J. Durso, Jr., the President and CEO of the organization.
These projects, events and programs include:
• Genesis Group 22nd Annual Meeting and Luncheon – Noon, Thursday, October 13, at Hart’s Hill Inn, 135 Clinton St., Whitesboro. Participation costs $30 per person. Reservations can be made online at www.TheGenesisGroup.org. At the meeting, the Genesis Group will provide a report to the community, highlighting their progress and achievements over the past year.
The Genesis Group invited district leaders to participate in a new series called A Way Forward. Panelists include: Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr.; David Bliss, Otsego County Chief Executive; and Herkimer County Legislative Chairman Vincent “Jim” Bono. Each officer will share their vision for “a way forward” for their county—and for the region.
The organization will also present the Joseph R. Carucci Legacy Award, given each year to an individual who demonstrates the same commitment that Joe has had to our community. This year’s award winners include: Dr. Randall Van Wagoner, Juanita Bass, Raymond Lenarcic, and Keith Fenstemacher.
• The 15th annual regional recognition for healthcare – Noon, Thursday October 27, at Hart’s Hill Inn. The event will include a panel discussion with the region’s healthcare CEOs: Darlene Stromstad, Mohawk Valley Health System; Ann-Marie Czyz, Rome Health; dr Tommy Ibrahim, Bassett Healthcare; and Jonathon Schiller, Oneida Health. Panelists will discuss how their organizations are adapting to do business and deliver services. Cost is $25 per person and reservations can be made online at www.TheGenesisGroup.org.
Applications for Healthcare Recognition are being accepted and should be emailed to [email protected], faxed to (315) 797-1280, or mailed to: The Genesis Group, 100 Seymour Rd., Utica, New York 13502.
• 16th Annual Festival of Education — 5:30 p.m. Thursday, November 17 at Hart’s Hill Inn. Nominations of outstanding educators or programs that have a positive impact on our students, schools, colleges and community will be accepted. Submit your application by Friday, October 21st by email to [email protected], fax to 315-797-1280 or mail to The Genesis Group, 100 Seymour Rd., Utica, NY 13502.
Distinguished Service Honorees are: John Salerno, Suzanne Carvelli, Alane Varga and Russell Stewart. Members of the Class of 2022 Hall of Distinction Inductees are: Martha Group, Michael Deuel and Mary Ann Carroll.
• Mohawk Valley Employee Recruitment and Retention Survey — The Genesis Group’s Data Analytics Task Force and John Zogby Strategies have unveiled a new survey to examine employee recruitment and retention.
“In the last two years, recruitment and retention
Landscape across the country has changed dramatically. While this is truly a widespread problem, the solutions needed to overcome these problems will require local or regional input and ideas,” the Genesis Group announced.
“Before we can begin offering potential solutions, we need to better understand how this ‘hiring crisis’ has impacted the Mohawk Valley.”
“The survey (results) will provide us with the necessary data to begin the process of recovering from the current crisis and help position the Mohawk Valley to be the most competitive in terms of talent recruitment and retention” , the announcement adds.
To participate in the initiative, access the survey online https://www.research.net/r/VGT7GDR?d=[d_value].
• New Drone Education Program – “With guidance and support, children as young as 10 can enroll in an entry-level study of drones that can progress into a serious study or career in technology, aviation, programming, science, math and more, helping to fill the STEM pipeline.” , Genesis Group said, adding that it is working with local partners to bring drone camp experiences to local youth.
“We are delighted to be able to offer this worthy program to students from the region. We are even more honored to have Maria and Jeff Smith as our coordinators. Their experience and willingness to run these drone camps benefits both local schools and the community,” said Raymond J. Durso, Jr., President and CEO of Genesis Group.
Maria Smith, Genesis drone training coordinator, said: “By attending Genesis drone camps, students not only work with an interesting technology, they also learn many transferrable skills. This includes teamwork, planning, problem solving and the satisfaction of meeting success. Students work with experts to build, program, and manually fly drones, learning the science of flight and how drones are used commercially, in emergencies, and recreationally. Safe operation under FAA rules is emphasized.”
To plan a drone camp for your school or college,
Contact Maria Smith via email at [email protected]
• Genesis Group Literacy Program — “I look forward to working with Co-Chairs John Reale and Roxanne Mutchler to establish this new program,” said Durso. “We will reach out to local and statewide partners to set up a program that will benefit children and adults in the area. September is National Literacy Month….and Genesis is proud to offer this very valuable program.
• The Mohawk Valley Alliance of Chambers of Commerce and Affiliate Partners – a Genesis Group committee – will host two upcoming events. The first event, taking place on Tuesday 25th October at 8am, will be a meeting with local candidates at Hart’s Hill Inn. The second event, taking place on Tuesday, November 15 at 8:00 am, is a CEO Round Table with regional business leaders. More information on both events will be released.
The purpose of the Alliance of Mohawk Valley Chambers of Commerce and Affiliated Partners is to address regional concerns of the Mohawk Valley business community.
The alliance includes Chambers of Commerce from Boonville, Camden, Clinton, Fulton Montgomery, Greater Oneida, Herkimer County, Kuyahoora Valley, Marcy, New Hartford, Otsego County, Rome Area and Trenton. Affiliated partners include: Center for Leadership Excellence, Destination Marketing Corp. for Otsego County, Mohawk Valley Association of Realtors, Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network, Mohawk Valley EDGE, Oneida County Tourism, Waterville Economic Development Corporation, Sylvan Verona Beach Resort Assn., Workforce Development Board, Mohawk Valley Small Business Development Center and The Genesis Group .