The Daily Pennsylvanian sat down with Penn Football’s Micah Morris – who received an honorable mention from All-Ivy last season – to ask 15 questions about his time on the team, interests and future plans. Here’s what the senior defense lineman had to say.
1. Can you introduce yourself?
Micah Morris, Pittsburgh, Pa. Major in urbanism. Senior.
2. What did you enjoy this summer?
I did an internship at SSH Real Estate. It’s a commercial real estate company in Center City, right across from City Hall. I learned a lot there and I enjoyed my time and was very grateful for all the people I got to work with.
3. Favorite football team?
4. What are your majors/academic interests?
I am very interested in real estate. Like I said, I’m an urban sciences major, so I’m learning a lot about real estate in this major, and that caught my eye and I think I’ll continue with that after school.
5. Do you have any pre-game rituals?
I listen to a lot of R&B music. [The] The locker room tends to get very hyperactive and intense. I like to calm down and slow down with R&B music.
6. What are the three best qualities in a teammate?
Calmness, discipline and good work ethic.
7. What or who motivates you?
The 110 kids of the soccer team here. Every day we come out, we work hard and I have to support them while they support me.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years it would be a dream to play in the NFL. Hopefully that can become a reality.
9. What are your main goals for this season?
I want to go to first team All-Ivy instead of getting an honorable mention. I’ve got to have at least five sacks and more this season and I’m hoping for a defensive touchdown as well.
10. Favorite pre-game hype song?
“Movie” by Rio Da Yung OG.
11. Favorite football memory of Penn?
Termite soccer back in the fourth or fifth grade. I’ve got the game-winning touchdown to send us to [the] endgames.
12. What are your hobbies besides football?
Football somehow defines my life. I would like to say that I don’t have many hobbies other than soccer, but I enjoy hanging out with my friends and teammates and listening to music.
13. What is your favorite restaurant on campus?
I would say Pattaya Thai food. I like a lot of Thai food.
14. Dream Super Bowl Matchup?
Steelers vs Packers rematch. We need that back.
15. If you could turn back time, what advice would you give your freshman self?
Leave the women alone. Focus on school and football.